Engineering, Consultancy & Project Management
Concept to Commissioning
We offer a comprehensive suite of engineering, consultancy and project management services ranging from concept to commissioning for hydroelectric power plants of all types, sizes and technology.
Our in-house expertise in power generation projects, use of the latest high-end technologies and a large workforce of experienced technical experts and specialists has helped us develop high-performance solutions optimizing clients’ investments and profits.
- Concept planning
- Site identification
- Pre-feasibility/ Feasibility Reports
- Site surveys
- Hydrological studies
- Geotechnical study reports
- EIA and EMP studies
- Basic engineering designs
- Economic and financial analysis
- Cost estimation
- Preparation of Detailed Project Reports(DPR)
- Assistance in obtaining statutory clearances and approvals
- Assistance for financial negotiations till financial closure
- As owner’s engineer providing detailed engineering designs
- Tender preparation
- Bid evaluation
- Recommendation and assistance in contract finalization
Detailed engineering services
- Plant and equipment layout development
- Preparation of piping drawings
- Preparation of Civil and Structural drawings
- Cable engineering and layout
- Review and approval of vendor diagrams and designs
- Interface Engineering
- Planning and Scheduling
- Vendor & Stakeholder Co-ordination
- Procurement/ Contract management
- Construction management
- Inspection and expediting services
- Quality assurance and Quality Control
- Site supervision
- Finance Management
- Commissioning support
We deliver on time, on budget and with the highest standards of quality assurance. Our sheer performance and reliability in delivering throughout the project cycle has made us a preferred engineering and project management partner for hydropower development across the country
Water to Wire
Our Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) business is focused on providing turnkey solutions for hydropower plants of all types and sizes upto 500 MW including civil and electrical infrastructures and 33 kV to 220 kV sub-stations.
Our EPC Services Cover The Full Scope of
- Due Diligence and Feasibility studies
- Environmental impact studies
- Basic and detailed civil and electromechanical engineering
- Software design
- Construction and erection management
We offer our EPC services in both EPC-LSTK (Lumpsum Turnkey) and EPCM (Cost plus fee) modes.
Our cutting-edge success in EPC business is premised upon
We provide our client with a single point of communication and responsibility for complete package contracts from start to completion.
We have strategic alliances with highly skilled specialty subcontract partners, leaders in their field, who provide all of the key components for a power station build, including turbines, generators with excitation systems, electro-mechanical equipment. We have strong technology cooperation with other leading companies enabling us to effectively render a wide range of contracting services on pan-India basis.
We source and select the best technology and goods for our valued customers. Selection is based on merit and longevity of services provided by OEMs, together with safety, reliability, maintainability and availability of spares.
We have highly specialised in-house teams experienced in virtually all process fields for every aspect of the Project from planning, design, engineering, management, procurement, construction to operation and maintenance. Our projects are executed using state-of-the-art design tools and softwares.
Dedicated Task forces comprising the Project Manager, Engineering and Commercial Managers, Lead Engineers and other specialists take care of the technical and commercial aspects during the life of the Project. They ensure effective coordination and efficient interfacing between the various parties(e.g. vendors, engineering consultants, electro-mechanical suppliers, civil works, etc.).
Fast Track Benefits
Our wide experience and expertise helps to shorten the total “idea to start-up” time considerably. The seamless co-ordination of all project activities enables quick realisation of project milestones. Through fast-track time benefits and communication improvements, our EPC projects can save labour, excess documentation, time and money.
In consonance with our client-focused approach we execute our Clients projects on-time on-budget and in conformity to the envisaged quality standards and performance requirements. We also help to reduce the development cost and implementation risk associated with the projects and maximize the client’s return on investment.
Our EPC teams have successfully completed EPC contracts for numerous processes and distribution systems and for multiple clients. We are strong in backward and forward integration processes and hence the projects undertaken by us are both effective and are able to meet the set time lines. Our undertakings also make leeway for the development of allied projects which form a part of the turnkey solutions.
All this has made RSTCA the most reliable and complete EPC partner for Hydropower Development in the country. We have made setting up hydro electricity projects simple and hassle-free.
O & M Services
RSTCA provides fully integrated third party power plant operations and maintenance services with the highest standards of quality, reliability and availability of service. We provide a variety of O & M services ranging from simple O&M staffing programs, trouble-shooting, consulting services to the provision of total O & M.
We offer updated, state-of-the-art O & M solutions which are customized and plant-specific and developed in consultation with the owner and plant developer.
Our Services Include
- Daily operation and routine maintenance of the Plant
- Staff recruitment
- Site documentation
- Best Practice operating procedures
- Health, safety and environmental procedures
- Maintenance plans
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Scheduled , preventive, predictive and breakdown maintenance
- Spare parts management
- Preparation of O & M manuals and revisions of the same
- Local and remote monitoring and diagnostics
- Engineering and technical support
- Equipment inspection programs, daily, monthly, annual and overhaul
- Reliability Testing for enhancements
- Condition monitoring systems
- Detailed O&M Reports
- On-going reviews and improvement processes
Our comprehensive and progressive O & M services enhance plant reliability, efficiency and safety; reduce operations and maintenance costs and increase profits; mitigate risk and improve equipment longevity and performance.
RSTCA performance leadership in O & M Services derives from its rich expertise and experience, resource base, use of latest technology, multi – OEM service capabilities and an innovative culture of continuous process improvements.
Consequently, RSTCA O & M services offer a win-win mix of most cost-effective practices and optimal plant performance.
Rehabilitation & RM & U Services
Extending Plant Life Cycle, Enhancing Performance and Lowering Operating Costs
RSTCA provides standard and customized Rehabilitation, Renovation, Modernisation and Uprating consultancy and services for ageing Hydro Power Plants of all types and sizes to put them back into condition for long-term sustained generation.
Normally the life of hydro electric power plant is 30 to 35 years after which it requires renovation. With new technological alternatives emerging and more stringent environmental regulations it may techno-economically be feasible after a period of 15 years to go for modernization thereby enhancing efficiency and availability with minor changes.
RSTCA provides the best technical and cost-effective rehabilitation and RM&U solutions with minimum downtime for increasing plant value and profitability.
Our comprehensive range of services includes:
- Plant maintenance, general overhaul and repairs
- Site investigations
- Reverse Engineering
- Safety and Condition Assessment
- Technical and economic feasibility studies
- Residual life-cycle analysis
- Management and diagnosis systems
- Fault analysis and troubleshooting
- Rehabilitation of turbines, generator and excitation systems, balance of plant as well as the supply of hydro
- mechanical equipment
- Renovation of power plants subjected to silt
- Performance enhancement/modernization
- Plant automation and remote control
- Risk based asset management
- Turnkey projects
- Financial consultancy including ROT (Rehabilitate, Operate and Transfer)
By an estimate, by 2010, roughly half of the existing hydropower plants in India with a total installed capacity of 13,000 MW will be more than 30 years old and will need to be rehabilitated, modernised or retrofitted.
- Increases efficiency and reliability
- Enhances peak power and energy availability
- Reduces Service and Maintenance outlay
- Reduces forced outages and unplanned maintenance
- A new lease of life to the power plant/ equipment
Empowering plants – the RSTCA way!!!
Waste to Energy
Cogeneration or the combined generation of heat and power from a single fuel source is an efficient, clean, and cost-effective means to save energy, enhance grid capacity and reduce pollution. Bagasse cogeneration use bagasee (fibrous sugarcane waste) as a fuel to cogenerate heat and electricity in sugar mills. RSTCA has the expertise and technology to execute high-efficiency bagasse cogeneration plants from concept to commissioning.
The sugar processing factory has traditionally relied on high-cost grid supplied electricity, based on fossil fuels, for the generation of steam and power. RSTCA high-efficiency cogeneration design not only uses the available bagasse to produce enough green energy for the sugar plant’s steam and electricity needs, but also enables the plant to export some green electricity to the grid.
Further, Bagasse cogeneration projects qualify for Certified Emission Reductions (CERs) under the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) because they directly displace greenhouse gas emissions. Carbon finance can yield lucrative gains for plant owners.
Helping Sugar Mills Set Up Tailor-Made, High-Efficiency, Grid-Connected Bagasse Cogen Power Plants
- Pre Feasibility Assessment (FA)
- Detailed Project Report (DPR)
- Project Evaluations
- Project Finance
- Project Management Services
- Site-specific plant configuration
- High efficiency Basic Design and plant layout with an optimized plant cycle
- State-of-the-art high pressure boiler and condensing turbo-generator system with Balance of plant
- Efficient technologies for bagasse handling and storage, effective combustion control, instrumentation and
- controls, emission control
- Water quality management, preventing silica carry-over
- HT and EHV systems and efficient grid interface
- Fuel linkage for off-season operation
- Sourcing equipments from suppliers who stock adequate spares and provide proper services
- Proper pre-commissioning checks
- Civil Engineering and buildings, structural steelworks and pipeworks
- Assessment of techno-commercial viability
- Energy-efficiency improvement of sugar mills and cogeneration power plants